Selection of the DJ remix collection plays a vital role in the success of an FM radio program and DJ alike. Therefore, a DJ must be up to date with the latest releases.
Several online sources and applications are out there to help the DJs in this regard. However, some DJs prefer to make their own remixes as per the requirement of their audience. Remember, a DJ mixset contains various tracks typically mix together to appear as a single continuous track.
How to Create DJ Remix 2017
Remixing is a blast that brings an old tune to a life. It can really change the complexion, style, and emotions of a track when you alter the context of the melodies or add some additional elements. It turns out to be a studio magic for your audience which you can do on your own by learning a basic audio editing software such as Audacity.
Today we’ll talk how to create DJ Remix by using the audio editing software.
First of all, you need to have a big number of audio tracks, comprising the beats, instrumental tracks, vocals, sound effects, etc. in your audio workstation. Then you must have the audio software that can allow you to transpose, reverse, slice, and stretch within the framework.
If you are on a budget, Audacity is the best free software that can perform just as a commercial software for you. But if the budget is not an issue, I recommend you to go with Ableton which allow you to perform your remixes in real time.
Here we’ll go with Audacity to perform simple steps which will allow you to understand the how it works. But remember that perfection comes with the practice.
Common Steps to Create Your DJ Remix
- Import a track from your computer to create your DJ remix.
- Choose chorus, melody or other elements which you want to use in your DJ remix.
- If you can have separate tracks directly from the recording especially the vocals of the artist, your remix will be much cleaner and easier to work on.
- However, Audacity let you isolate the vocals and remove everything but the vocals. But besides this, it is a tough ask and rarely 100% effective but you can attenuate the backing tracks enough so that in context the vocals look like they’re isolated. Noise removal plugins can help you a long way in this regard.
- Add your own sounds to stamp the track with your contribution by adding the new rhythm tracks to total destruction.
- Avoid disrupting the copyright law. An unauthorized use of a track can drag you in trouble.
- Experiment all the available effects which are available in your software to see the results. There are plenty of things to choose from, including delay, phaser, chorus, flanger, filters and other EQ, reverb, amplitude modulation, ring modulation, frequency modulation, time stretching, pitch shifting or correction, vocoder and more.
- Set the BPM (beats per minute) and time signature according to the original.
- When you are satisfied with your DJ remix, normalize it to 99% and save all or export it to a WAV file.
- Now go back and master your DJ remix, convert the file to MP3 and you are done.
Related : Radio Dj Salary